This morning we had to say goodbye to the sweetest babes in the world. Over the last week, the connection we made with these children grew and grew and grew. The smiles, giggles, eye brow raises, tickles, kisses, and dances we shared will go with me always. I consider these babies part of my family, now.

I want to introduce you to my new brothers and sisters-

This is Alawasi:




Alawasi is the sweetest kid. Our favorite game to play is "chase and tickle". I chase him, I catch him, I tickle him, and then shower him with kisses on his forehead and cheeks saying "Kwagalanyo" [I love you so much] over and over and over again. This kid is TOOTALLY going to be a photographer one day. From Day 1 with him, he has loved playing with my camera and watching him take pictures was probably the cutest thing in the world- and he is weirdly talented for a village kid thats never seen a camera before. He does this thing where instead of saying yes or at least shaking his head, he raises his eye brows. It kills you. This little one is going to be a heart breaker one day. He is smart, kind, funny, unbelievably talented, and absolutely adorable. Alawasi, my brother, kwagalanyo.

These are the two cutest sisters, Rovisa and Nairuba:




These girls are hard to crack smiles out of, but once you do, SO WORTH IT. Rovisa and Nairuba were both soft-spoken, collected, and bashful little ones. Yet their spunky personalities came out every so often, like the time I caught Rovisa and Alawasi having a straight up photoshoot. I mean seriously, look at that pose.... Okay, covergirl. Nairuba was pretty much the certified swing pusher- whenever someone needed pushing, Nairuba was on the job. These two are going to be the most successful, warm-hearted, and crazy sisters. I love it so much. Rovisa and Nairuba, my sisters, kwagalanyo.








This is Waiswa:



Waiswa is our serious kiddo... But he can't keep a serious face too long. Eventually he cracks and breaks that sweet sweet smile. Waiswa was here a shorter time than the rest, but I think we ended up getting each other just fine. He knew that whenever I looked at him, I was getting ready to chase him and tickle him so eventually he just started running from me every time without fail. He is a sweetheart, and I can tell you now, he will grow up to be a hard-working, loving man. Waiswa, my brother, kwagalanyo.














This is our old man, Pious:



Pious is a miniature Bill Cosby. We decided today, we'd kill to see him in a sweater vest and loafers. When he sits, he crosses his legs and folds his hands. His laugh is contagious, and when he giggles, he rattles his tongue against his teeth- sounds weird, SUPER adorable. He grabs your hands, taps your shoulders, and points where he wants to go. Loves to be carried, and thinks swinging on my lap facing me is the funniest thing in the world. He doesn't quite understand the camera yet, but in due time. This baby is a huge ball of cuteness. Pious, my brother, kwagalanyo [like a million times].


This is my sweet Viola:



Cuddling with this girl- oh my heart. Her big, puffy cheeks are to die for. We had some pretty great enos  hangs, and napped listening to the creatures of Uganda and some Rend Collective. She loved being held, and when she giggles she covers her mouth. It is the sweetest thing. Every once in a while she showed us her out-going side, which usually ended up being the greatest. day. ever. Little Viola will always hold a special place in my heart. I can't wait to visit her. Viola, my sweet sister, kwagalanyo.













































To all of my outreach brothers and sisters- Kwagalanyo a million times.
You will be in my heart forever and ever.
Katonda Mulungi, my brothers and sisters.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.